Monday, October 1, 2012

Taking custody of my two cousins. Tyler Kristoff

My meainguful thing I've done is my parents and I took custody of two little cousins, Emrick and Lilly. My aunt a single a mother,her husband had died in a car accident in 2007. When this occurred it drastically changed her life. She always told me,"everything happens for a reason." When this happened my Aunt (a loving and caring mom) changed her ways. She started using drugs to cope with her pain. She losted her job as a nurse, stopped paying attention to her kid and turned into a drug addict. Wendi, once a mother that any kid would love to have, completely changed her ways. When i asked her 2009 why she turned to drugs, she said "thats the only thing makes her feel good and keeps her going in life." She compounded 3 Dui's in a matter of 8 months. Had her licensed taken away and had to serve 90 days in jail. During this time, my parents and I went to court and got full custody of her children. It was such a great feeling knowing that the kids were gonna live a better life. These days wendi went to rehab for 90 days and has been sober since Febuary 17, 2011. Wendi quoted, "After my kids were taken away for me, I finally realized that I had to change my ways. I grew up a lot and I'll never go back to my old ways." After seeing her change, It was such a beautiful thing. We now have joint custody until she serves her 60 days in jail for something else. Wendi, a now greatful mother, said " I'm so greatful of you guys and it was an eye opening experience. I've learned my lesson and so happy to be clean!"

No comments:

Post a Comment