Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Broken dreams and broken bones, by Shyjuan

The time my brother broken his arm playing football was an emotional day for me. He was outside playing with some kids and all I could remember was him screaming and crying. I felt like killing someone. We took him to the hospital and he was still crying. I felt so useless because I couldn't do anything at the time to comfort him. As months go by and his arm was healing, I began teaching him about safety in football. I remember him telling me "he's not going to play again" and was telling him that when u play organized you will have pads to help prevent injury. Day by day I conviced him that it is ok to play again. Years later now he's playin on a team at his school and he's pretty good too. I'm glad I could help him through his struggle of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment