Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Greatest Accomplishment by Venee' L. Scott

My Greatest Accomplishment
While I was serving my country in the US ARMY, my greatest accomplishment was born Braylon Christopher Scott on March 4, 2008 at 6:11 p.m. I said in my spirit, " I am ready to give up on having children or even getting married." I was still working, doing physical training (i.e. running, push-ups, sit-ups, rifle ranges and hiking w/ 40lbs on my back), but after awhile I started feeling sluggish and worn down for no reason. So I went to the clinic and got a urine test. It took me a couple of days to actually take the test, but when I told myself to stop being scared and just take the test. I took the test back to the clinic at 10:00 a.m. on a Friday, and at 2:00 p.m. the same day our company doctor, called me in the office and said SPC. Scott are you still taking any medication. Or have you been in the office recently to see me, I said no sir. Then he said well I am going to need for to discontinue taking any medication, he said "congratulations because you are pregnant", and being pregnant was the furtherest thing from my mind because I didnt think I could have kids. I had a miscarriage in 1994 and abortions prior so I thought I could never get pregnant again. I made up my mind and I prayed God that I guess my dream of getting married and having children was a done deal. and then a week later after I prayed that prayer God surprised me and now four years later I have a beautiful, intelligent little boy. I wouldnt change a thing.
by Venee' L. Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment