Friday, September 28, 2012

Strength by David Twardowski

One night when I was about 5 to 6 years old, I was watching a movie called "Brave Little Toaster Goes to Mars." During this movie, i was sitting on top of the back end of a couch. I was rocking back and forth on this couch carefully so I wouldn't fall off. But suddenly I felt a jerk from the couch and I started to tumble forward. As i was falling, my mother noticed me and kicked the couch forward. She thought that I was falling to the side so she kicked the coffee table in front of me farther away. But I somehow flew towards it and cracked my nose really hard on the edge of it. I was taken to the hospital where the doctor stitched my nose back before it broke. After my stitching, I walked out with tears streaming down my face as I was horrified of needles. My mom and dad said to me after I got back out "You did very well in there. We're proud of you." I felt somewhat better after this and started to go home. On the way back home, my mom and dad thought it would be a good idea to get me something for being so good in the doctor's room. We went inside a toy store and went over to the stuffed animals part and looked through all the rabbits. One cought my attention and I pointed to the one I liked the most. They then took it over to the counter and bought it for me. He was a fluffy white rabbit with a adorable puffy tail. I loved rabbits very much and feel in love with it immedieatly. I named him "Mr. Buns" as a suggestion from my parents. I would have no idea what I would do without him. He makes me feel so much better when I'm not feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment